Sunday 27 November 2011

Let down by Grandma('s Special Recipes)

This week being the Thanksgiving week, I thought it would be appropriate for us to join in the fun by having the signature Thanksgiving food: Pumpkin Pie.  I consulted my trusted recipe book and followed the steps diligently.


This was how my version of the Pumpkin Pie turned out:


 

It looked authentic, and certainly tasted like the one I had in UPenn aeons ago (that was my first ever all-American Thanksgiving experience).  Unfortunately, the Englishmen in my household were not too impressed.  Tiger was brave enough to try new, unfamiliar-looking food so he ate two mouthfuls before deciding that he only liked the pastry but not the filing; Tortoise wouldn't even go near it.

Oh well, at least I know to skip this part of the lesson when we study America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...