Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Nutcracker


Tiger has been very familiar with The Nutcracker since he was a toddler.  I bought a child-sized nutcracker that was as tall as a one-year old when Tiger was that age; we listened to narration of the story on CD; read several versions of the story each December; and watched the ballet on DVD.


This year, we have been very lucky to get hold of tickets to go to the Royal Opera House to watch the actual ballet performance.  It was a wonderful way to mark the start of our Christmas season at home.


The performance was magical, as we had expected.  It was wonderful to have seen it in person, after many years of watching the ballet on DVD.  Tiger said he enjoyed it so much that we should return to watch it every year. If we can get hold of the tickets again next year, we will surely watch it again.  Otherwise, the recording of the performance is really almost as good as watching it live:

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the Nutcracker when I was young. I think I saw a live performance at my college. It's wonderful that you are taking Tiger to the theatre. I hope I get a chance to take my boys when they are older. I always found it to be an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...